Friday 6 April 2018

Knitty Spring + Summer 2018: A Review


Knitty has released its Spring + Summer 2018 issue. Let's have a look at it, shall we?





Collab. This cowl is so named because it was a collaboration between three of Knitty's technical editors. It has a pretty lace pattern and the gradient colourway is fun (but good luck finding a yarn that's at all similar -- it was hand-dyed and spun by one of the editors who worked on the project).





Charmayne Shawl. A pleasant little shawl.





Arashi. Lovely lacework in this one.





Cliff Walk. I like the contemporary vibe of the stripes in this one, though not the drab colourway.





Legetta Legetto. This is a beautiful piece of work, and it hangs so well.





Marigold. Nice socks. That's an interesting lace pattern.





Escape Reality. These are fun, and they'd be a great way to use up odds and ends of yarn.





Thriambus. Nice cabled ankle socks.





Pip. This item came into being when the designer was asked to design something with a cotton self-striping yarn. She came up with a pattern that is admirably suited for such a yarn, with a horizontally striped yoke and vertically striped body. The shaping is good, and the stitchwork is attractive.





Mila. I think this one would make me feel like I was wearing a beach bag. Maybe I'd like it better if the colour combination was more attractive.





April Showers. I'm not a fan of the open front cardigan -- they always look like they just don't fit, and I don't find it a flattering look -- but that said, this is a cute and well-constructed piece.





Clafoutis. I like the top part of this piece, but find myself unable to like the lower part of it. Those dropped stitch and unseamed panels have a tattered, bedraggled look.





Sea Turtle Stack. These little turtles are unqualifiably cute.

1 comment:

  1. With the 'Mila' tank, all you'd have to do is stitch the hem closed and you WOULD have a beach bag-with built-in handles!

    And I could see myself making a basket full of those little turtles-although I'd probably just stitch an eye on so little ones couldn't chew the button-type eye off.

    ReplyDelete