Monday 17 October 2016

Pom Pom Quarterly Winter 2016: A Review


Pom Pom Quarterly has released its Winter 2016 issue. Let's have a look at it, shall we?





Alloy. This a is a pretty standard ribbed cap, but the subtly blended three-colour palette really elevates it.





Alula. Fabulous wrap. I love everything about it: the chartwork, the way it drapes, the colours, and even the tassels, which are a perfect finishing touch.





Calder. A graceful and very useful little scarf/wrap.





Cesium. A well-shaped and carefully finished classic cabled pullover.





Fragmentation. A very pretty use of gradient colour.





Lemel. This is one of those patterns that make me sit up and take notice, because it's something truly different. I love the ruched ribbon effect. I'd neaten up the fit a bit, but otherwise this is an attractive, wearable, and eye-catchingly unique piece.





Ma'am. This one doesn't do it for me. I think the problem is that it needed some more detailing and better shaping. It's a bit blah and frumpy as is, especially in its lower half.





Ondeto. A handsome scarf with some lovely stitchwork.





Palindrome. Oooh, this contemporary wrap has a lot of style.





Tallat. This struck me as a nice classic at first casual glance, but the more I look at it the less pleasing it gets. The only details are the mullet hem, dropped shoulders, "built-in" mitts, and a high collar that doesn't sit well. Even the lovely professional model who is wearing it looks frumpy in this pullover.





Vanishing Point. Some nice chevron pattern stitchwork in these.

1 comment:

  1. I subscribe to Vogue Knitting, and get The Knitter from the UK. Otherwise, I smile kindly at most knitting magazines. That's made much easier thanks to your diligent reporting! I knit things that will last, that will look good forever, and that I cannot easily buy. I do not knit to have dowdy garments that are "easy" to make, or to show off that one single skein of violently expensive fiber. Am I an outlier? I guess so!

    ReplyDelete