Monday 15 August 2016

Twist Collection Fall 2016: A Review


Twist Collective has released its Fall 2016 issue! Let's have a look at it.





Rumford. A classic with some nice stitchwork.





Carrick. I wouldn't wear this because I don't care to add more bulk to my chest area given that it's plenty bulky already, but I have to admit the exaggerated size of the cable isn't a bad effect.





Coax. Not bad. The ripple effect is not a favourite look of mine, so that's making me tepid on this one. I think a more subtle colourway might do more for this one.





Windvine. Love this one. The intricate cables and the shaping are perfect.





Byway. A very decent piece. The way the cables turn under the pockets is an original and effective touch.





Sangria. A smart and useful little cardi.





Proscenium. I like this one, with its relaxed, country feel. The side buttons are a different touch.





Wickford. Very attractive cardigan. That collar sits so well and the cable detailing is good.





Carnelian. The sleeve detailing on this one is excellent but the body looks shapeless and bulky by contrast. The design has a certain "eighties-era Shaker knit decided to morph into something better but changed its mind 40% of the way into the process" feel to it.





Sinua. Very pretty cable and lace stitchwork on this one.





Echinacea. Nice set. I very much like the stylized floral design.





Bibelot. I do like a theme knit that's cute and whimsical in an adult way. The devices here look a little steampunk-ish.





Lithograph. The hem's very attractive but those lines criss-crossing the body look more than a little straggly.





Dulcia. Another nice little cardi.





Svaritifoss. I'm loving this "lace over stockinette" effect and would love to see the technique explored further.





Saplings. I love a good tree-themed knit, and these mittens are as good an example of that design category as I've seen. The designer has used the shape of the mitten to define the tree, and it works beautifully.





Eyebright. A lovely little wrap.





Naturalist. Classic ganseys. Adding a contrast colour at the cuffs, neckband, and waistbands isn't a bad way to freshen up the look.





Efflore. Nice set. I love the stylized leaf outline.





Smoky Lake. Classic double-breasted cardigan. About which my only complaint is the one I usually make about double-breasted patterns: that it looks great when buttoned up, and bad when worn open.





Pavers. Very nice set. The unusual double-line cable effect gives it interest and sophistication.





Mosey. A good-looking design in both the the male and the female version. The endless variations possible with cables never fails to amaze me. There's always a way to freshen up this centuries-old knitting technique.





Antrea. Nice set. I'm liking the dimensional effect created by the combination of cables and ribs.

2 comments:

  1. Some beautiful designs there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristina Vilimaite has a little book on Ravelry (ebook) with lace over stockinette on mittens. They're so cute that I wish I didn't live in Southern California. (Well, I wish that anyway, but you get the idea. Too hot here.). :)

    ReplyDelete